Tuesday 12 July 2011

Book Review: Spider Light by Sarah Rayne

I absolutely love reading so I thought it would be a good idea to review the books I read and write about them in my blog, I'm going to start with Spider Light which I picked up in a charity shop for £1.00

Synopsis: Antonia Weston is trying to rebuild her life after being released from prison after 5 years, she lands herself in Amberwood with the elegant Quire House, eerie Twygrist Mill and the macabre Latchkill Asylum. As she becomes embroiled in the twisted history of these places someone from her own past larks in the spider light.


Review: This is the first book I have read of Sarah Rayne and to be honest it won't be the last. Although it started a bit slow for me it quickly developed into an eerie story with twists and turns everywhere. The atmosphere it creates when reading is electric and I found it hard to put down often reading it late at night which probably wasn't a good idea as I became all too aware of my surroundings and every little noise.
I did find the ending a bit anticlimactic with it kind of falling flat right at the last hurdle but having said that it was still an enjoyable read for a stormy night.

Quote:  "The dangerous thing about spider light is that it hides things - things you never knew existed. But once you have seen those things, you can never afterwards forget them"


Spider Light Overall Score: 3/5 Enjoyable read with exciting twists and turns.  

No comments:

Post a Comment